inkplot

inkplot

Fatal for Tachophobic

The Hangman - Dee Rose

First of all a huge thanks to the author and his team for providing me with a copy of this book. But unfortunately I come bearing bad news.

The Hangman no doubt has a very interesting plot but unfortunately succumbs to a hasty execution. The story starts with a particular direction, deviates to another and then to another path and by the end of the book it feels nothing in line to how it started.

I loved the plot but unfortunately the pace was really fast and kept dodging the main elements.
The development and the turn of events are too fast that you do not get time to get accustomed to the characters and the plot.

The irony is that even though the book is titled Hangman, the book is way broader than the character hangman and it comes down to be a miniscule portion of the whole book.

The language while being simple, at times feels out of theme since it is difficult to digest when characters coming from vintage backgrounds starts speaking modern day lingo and cuss words. The death bringer for this book is its lack of proper progression and blending of story elements.

The book is more like a movie script, like a scene to scene written version of a movie which is not something that can hold the readers of a book for too long. The pace kind of hampers the intensity and depth of the book. Also I could not help noticing tiny grammatical errors here and there.

The book had an interesting plot to work around but a lack of schematic development made the entire work a bit vapid. The book brings in a lot of themes and keeps deviating itself amidst these and the rapid pace of the book makes it difficult to immerse oneself into the plot since there is no gradual or proper build up to the plot. The book is more or less like small blocks that is barely connected together.

How was it?