inkplot

inkplot

Kind of incomplete

Lucky Day - Barry Lyga

Throughout the series there is a recurring mention of a background story of how Billy Dent, the infamous star of the series was arrested by a police officer and Lucky Day is all about that event. In a way it’s where everything starts in the series and is the prequel to I hunt Killers, the very first book in the series.

The book on one hand does justify the title but the fact is also that the entire plot is rushed and shows an incomplete treatment.

I seriously can't help myself from cribbing about the whining behavior of Barry Lyga's central characters. They always turn into a whining mode instantly and these run pages long. Not something that escalates the plot or interest in a book

Almost half of the book is personal feelings and emotional turmoil and internal conflict and suddenly in the last chapter everything sorts of magically falls into place and ends peacefully. Nope! Things do not work like that. The characters especially Bill dent was not at all acting as he has been in the rest of the series.

how was this