inkplot

inkplot

Return of the zombiliciousness

Zombie Attack! Army of the Dead - Devan Sagliani
First. A Huge thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of the book. Second. Please accept freshly baked applaud and gratitude from me for maintaining the sequel as exciting as the first one and not ruining the series. ;)

Usually the sequels ruin it for you or take it to a whole new level with plot diversions.
Army of the Dead on the other hand was in my opinion a natural progression rather than bombarding the readers with unnecessary complications.I felt that the plot of the second book had very convincingly brought up the characters and events from the first book and culminating it into a nice and air tight finale. Also i loved how the cheat sheets were available for the readers to help them remember the characters and events from the first book

The second book fare in terms that the book has beautifully ended what it started without getting into too much twists and deviation from the original story line and keeping the characters intact and strong just as with the first book. You never would feel that the plot or the characters have changed drastically as it happens with other series.

What i love about this entire series is the fact that the plot never sees a dull moment as when you least expect, the author bombards you with events and turns that make your eyes go wide. This keeps the thrill factor alive for the book and makes it a joyous ride.

I love how the author plays trick on you keeping you engrossed in the entire series.

Technically the book is filled with everything that is to a boy's childhood fantasy. Wild wild west,movie star wife, cowboys, action, muscles, bikers, zombies, cults and a whole lot many. The best part is that in spite of all these elements sounding mismatched, in the book you will see how these things are beautifully weaved into the story. For example, if somebody tells you that a page will have zombies, guns,bikers, native Indians and cowboys together, then you will probably call it crazy or that it is a recipe for disaster. But let me tell you that it is possible and in fact can be so good that you will pull your hairs thinking how the author worked this all out...i am still wondering

Army of the dead is everything as promised as by the first book and the series returns with an even brilliant plot that has a whole new bunch of characters along with all the characters from the previous book returning to tell a new exciting story that is full of thrills and turns and amazing as ever. It definitely rides high on adrenaline and with no dull moments to it. Its every childhood fantasy of yours coming alive and giving you an absolute fantastic reading experience.